How does the migration take place?
RFID cards are the standard medium for organizing time recording and access control.
Over time, the security requirements of the technology change. Many are not aware that their technology is outdated.
ID card technologies that are therefore no longer state of the art are Legic prime, Mifare Classic or Hitag.
It would therefore be advisable to migrate to a more up-to-date RFID identification technology such as Mifare DESFire EV2 and Legic advant.
In addition to a higher level of security, these RFID processes convince through higher write speed, memory capacity and other advantages.
Ways to migration
Before migration, an inventory is essential.
The following questions must be clarified:
- What are the operating conditions and objectives?
- Which areas are affected? (e.g. canteen)
- Over what period should the changeover take place?
- What needs to be adapted to the hardware?
- Which RFID technology is best suited?
It should also be checked whether an integration of external systems is necessary or whether the further use of existing systems is possible.
This results in different ways for the migration:
- Migration by rolling conversion
Readers, terminals RFID cards are gradually being replaced/updated by the new generation products
- Integration with combination cards
Use of badges that combine different reading methods. This means that bookings can be made both on old hardware and on the current terminals and readers.
Existing third-party systems can still be used.
- Replacement of existing systems
On a certain key date, the old technology is replaced by the new one.